Top 10 Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish in 2010. It’s a fun way for bloggers all over the Internet to connect and post the things they love about books. I know I posted a few weeks ago about my favorite quotations, but here I am again with another post all about my favorite quotes from the last year or so.
1. “Figure out what you want. Say it loud. Then shut up.” Amy Poehler — Yes Please
This is one of the best pieces of advice I have ever received from a book. Amy speaks to me. Never be ashamed of what you want — if you never admit you want it, you’ll never get it.
2. “Disgust destroys you — avoid it at all costs.” J
Let go of negative emotions. They won’t further anything in life, and they will only drag you down. Disgust is one of those emotions.
3. “You will never know them, but sometimes you decide to trust them.” Insurgent
This is a lovely reminder to me that trust is something you have to find out for yourself. There isn’t a test you can give someone when your life/heart/anything is in their hands — sometimes you just have to trust them.
4. “Well, actually, I love books because they are my best friends.” Mr. Penumbra’s 24-Hour Bookstore
5. “I don’t want the easy kind of love. I wanted the crazy love, the kind of love that created and destroyed all at the same time.” Side Effects May Vary
I know I included this quote in my review, but I really mean it. Love that is easy isn’t really love — it’s enjoyment. When you really love someone, it’s passionate, and passionate includes crazy and it includes fighting and it includes screaming, but it also includes staying up until 3 in the morning just talking and it includes jumping into each others arms after six months apart. It includes all of the little things and all of the bigs things.
6. “As it turns out, the brain is a decent scientist but a absolutely outstanding lawyer.” Subliminal
Just a little reminder that you are pretty amazing and convincing yourself of whatever it is you may believe. Remember to listen to what other people have to say and keep an open mind.
7. “I do it because it reminds me to be here, that I’m still here and I have a say in the matter.” All the Bright Places
You have the ultimate control over your life.
8. “The bitch betrays you behind your back. They asshole fails to recognize you to your face.” Asshole *A Theory
A non-conventional definition of the terms, but I think it captures the essence of it.
9. “Sometimes you have to be apart from people you love, but that doesn’t make you love them any less. Sometimes you love them more.” The Last Song
I found this out the hard way. Sometimes distance really does make the heart grow fonder, and it’s stronger because of it.
10. “If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.” The Hobbit
Tolkien is always here to remind us that it is the little things in life that truly matter. You can have all the money in the world and still be miserable. So enjoy the company surrounding you in times of celebration and the quietness around you in times of solitude. Take every moment as it is and try not to worry too much about what comes next.
Let me know what your favorite quotations are in the comments below!