Carbs are one of my favorite things to eat, and they are also one of the easiest things to prepare in my opinion. But sometimes it’s hard to take spaghetti and parmesan cheese on the go. For those occasions, I have settled for this fast, easy pasta salad recipe.
This is one of my favorite recipes to make as meal prep for the week because it takes under 15 minutes on a Sunday afternoon, and it’s super easy to take to work with me and eat between meetings. Let’s get cooking!
Prep Time: 15-20 minutes
Cook Time: 0 minutes
1 box of farfalle pasta
1 carton of grape tomatoes (about 1 pint)
1 carton of feta cheese (about 4 ounces)
2/3 cup Italian dressing
Optional: Cucumber, red onion, and olives — add these for a personal twist!
1. Cook pasta to desired tenderness. I always cook farfalle pasta a bit longer than other pastas because of the thickness at the middle of the bow. Drain water when cooked, and place dry, cool pasta in large mixing bowl.
2. While pasta is cooking, cut the grape tomatoes into quarters. You can also prepare other ingredients if you choose to add them. The first time I made this recipe, I added in red onion, which I sliced into small chunks.
3. Add tomatoes and feta cheese to pasta. Add any other specialty ingredients you would like.
4. Add Italian dressing. You can go a step farther with this recipe by making homemade dressing, but as we all know, I like to save time anywhere I can, so I always go with store bought dressings and sauces.
5. Serve immediately or portion off for later meals.
Let me know if you decide to make this recipe in the comments below. Also, include any additional ingredients you may choose to add!
Recipe inspired by Gimme Some Oven